Saturday, March 7, 2015

Thoughts about Stew..........Sunny and 36*

Let's talk about Beef Stew. I sure would like some today.
Everyone has a special ingredient that makes theirs' tasty.
My Mom always put pearled  Barley in hers and that was the only place she used that ingredient, so it seems special to me.
How about Parsnips (my husband thinks they RUIN anything, even Thanksgiving) or turnips? 
Who puts in Okra? Tomatoes?, never in my house, although I put them in about everything else. My daughter uses Venison instead of Beef...............
Now if only I could afford a nice chuck roast to cut up and cook into this stew!
How did beef get beyond the average budget? Oh well, tell us how you make yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please click on 'older posts' to see all our posts! Thanks :)

The items we offer are as varied as the weather in these hills!
Hand-hammered copper jewelry, handmade wood case clocks, biscuit and rag quilts, handsewn infant gifts, handcrafted soap, & homespun tales and photos of our menagerie of four footed and feathered friends.




Copper earrings

Copper earrings