Sunday, August 2, 2015

Sunday Quotes.....Sunny and hotter..90's

"As apples of gold in silver carvings is a word spoken at the right time."      Proverbs 25:11
 
  I was looking at this little pan recently and remembered my Mom.
 Once when she was not home I wanted so badly to make doughnuts. In those days we only had enough groceries for the week, so I could only find a small amount of shortening. I disregarded the recipe and found a very small pan and melted enough shortening to fry one doughnut at a time. When she came home and saw what I'd done, instead of scolding me for the mess and bad idea, she said "with determination like that, you'll always get by."
       

1 comment:

  1. That is so touching and I'm sure your mom was right.. I love that little pan. It reminds me of one my mom had also. Hugs, xo

    ReplyDelete

Please click on 'older posts' to see all our posts! Thanks :)

The items we offer are as varied as the weather in these hills!
Hand-hammered copper jewelry, handmade wood case clocks, biscuit and rag quilts, handsewn infant gifts, handcrafted soap, & homespun tales and photos of our menagerie of four footed and feathered friends.




Copper earrings

Copper earrings