Monday, August 17, 2015

Aprons.......Sunny 80's

 
Aprons
 Back in the day
part of every day attire
Made with flour sacks, muslin or calico
they did more than cover your dress
to this  Grandma could attest
 
Aprons
 From daylight till dark
for dusting and gathering
cooking ,cleaning and more
they helped in some small way
with every single chore
 
Aprons
Today we remember them with nostalgia,
-----so sad they've been retired
 We write of them in poems & blogs & magazines
because they bring back memories
of a simpler time
 
Aprons
They still have a practical use,
Gather vegetables, eggs or a misplaced item.....
to return to it's proper place, later on.
or simply hang out the wash, while remembering a slower pace
In that long ago place...................
 © 2015

Do you have a favorite memory about APRONS ?? If so leave a comment and share it with us!

Click on "APRONS" in the tags on right of this page to read more stories about aprons!

7 comments:

  1. I still wear them when baking as I am messy! I WISH I had a photo of "the aunts" wearing theirs washing dishes to hang above my sink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had some pictures of the old timey ones too, love that my daughter, sews them and my granddaughter never cooks without one on (she's messy too )

      Delete
  2. I use them everyday,I love aprons! These are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear your keeping the tradition alive! Such a practical and pretty invention, aprons! My daughter made the ones in this picture, love the combination of denim and aprons!

      Delete
  3. I love aprons! I used to love opening my mom's apron drawer and tying one on to help her roll tortillas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful memory, Vanessa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your aprons, they are adorable. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

Please click on 'older posts' to see all our posts! Thanks :)

The items we offer are as varied as the weather in these hills!
Hand-hammered copper jewelry, handmade wood case clocks, biscuit and rag quilts, handsewn infant gifts, handcrafted soap, & homespun tales and photos of our menagerie of four footed and feathered friends.




Copper earrings

Copper earrings