Thursday, March 24, 2016

Farm Adventures...cloudy...much cooler

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  Spring, the season when we just can't help
ourselves  to believe once again,that this time we'll have a better outcome.

I'm letting this rather ugly hen sit.
Even though last years settings turned out this way.................
One hen sat on 10 eggs and hatched 2, both roosters.
My daughter's hen hatched 5 out of her 6 eggs, and got 4 roosters and 1 hen.
Then another of my hens sat and one by one ALL the eggs disappeared,
finally one morning the hen was dead too. A large black snake had smothered
her. Today's hen is in my only snake proof cage, which is fine for
now. But when they start to grow, it won't be big enough! So I see
construction in my future. But I'll wait 21 days to get started
. You know what they say about counting your chickens before they hatch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please click on 'older posts' to see all our posts! Thanks :)

The items we offer are as varied as the weather in these hills!
Hand-hammered copper jewelry, handmade wood case clocks, biscuit and rag quilts, handsewn infant gifts, handcrafted soap, & homespun tales and photos of our menagerie of four footed and feathered friends.




Copper earrings

Copper earrings