Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Farm Life....Sunny... HOT...91*

Does pulling weeds fall into the "I'll get to that eventually"
category at your place? This patch of Perilla Mint, a noxious weed,
has been haunting me all summer. I have never let it get this far
ahead of me. With over 2" of rain the other night I saw my opportunity
and duty to get busy. It is just starting to bloom, and it turned out
someone else was watching too. With my head near the ground trying to
loosen those stubborn roots, I missed at first a buzzing that was
increasing in volume. Yes, honey bees were all over it. They were so
diligent in their task, they didn't mind my proximity at all. I
watched and watched to determine their flight path, but couldn't
follow any of them. I've always wanted to find a honey tree, I guess
not this time. Oh for a youngster who'd have the time to accomplish
that feat. Well at least I had time to come get the camera!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please click on 'older posts' to see all our posts! Thanks :)

The items we offer are as varied as the weather in these hills!
Hand-hammered copper jewelry, handmade wood case clocks, biscuit and rag quilts, handsewn infant gifts, handcrafted soap, & homespun tales and photos of our menagerie of four footed and feathered friends.




Copper earrings

Copper earrings