Sunday, July 9, 2017

Bed in Summer... sunny and hot

In winter I get up at night
And dress by yellow candle-light.
In summer, quite the other way,
I have to go to bed by day.
I have to go to bed and see
The birds still hopping on the tree,
Or hear the grown-up people's feet
Still going past me in the street.
And does it not seem hard to you,
When all the sky is clear and blue,
And I should like so much to play,
To have to go to bed by day?
   Robert Louis Stevenson

This poem is from "A Child's Garden of Verses" , one of my daughters favorites when she was a little girl (30+ years ago) you can see from the  .49c price tag it's been around awhile, it survived many readings with my daughter and then my Grandchildren.
Some of our favorites from it are "the swing", "Autumn Fires", "The Cow", and "My Shadow"....................
Did you have a favorite poem from this book?????


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please click on 'older posts' to see all our posts! Thanks :)

The items we offer are as varied as the weather in these hills!
Hand-hammered copper jewelry, handmade wood case clocks, biscuit and rag quilts, handsewn infant gifts, handcrafted soap, & homespun tales and photos of our menagerie of four footed and feathered friends.




Copper earrings

Copper earrings