Friday, January 15, 2016

Snippets & Snatches.....Sunny....still..50*

I've heard  Procrastination is the Thief of Time,  well 40 years
have gone by since I started this shirt for a family member!!!!!!!

That's before my Grandchildren were born---Before my Daughter was born--Before we moved across country---As you can see from the first picture, I got as far as cutting it out and starting to pin it together before it got set aside and then packed away.............At least the family member never knew it had been started so will still be surprised to receive it.I bought the cloth and pattern at the Exeter Handkerchief Factory in Exeter, N.H. They have been in business since the 1930's and still are.
My Mom went there regularly for her sewing fabrics.
Now my daughter who enjoys sewing,  as I never did, is finishing it for me.
My Mom WAS the seamstress, as well as her two sisters. One sister worked for a French Dressmaker, as a teenager, and made fine beaded gowns.
Anyway when the acorn fell from my mother's tree, it bounced quite a ways, and skipped to the next generation, to  my daughter, who makes all the lovely things you see posted. And even though I did enjoy knitting in my younger days my daughter never did pick it up in spite of several tries through the years, but my Granddaughter decided last year she was going to teach herself to knit, and has taken to it like the proverbial duck to water, so another bounce of the acorn from generation to generation.........at least the old timey ways are being kept alive in our family, by one or the other :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please click on 'older posts' to see all our posts! Thanks :)

The items we offer are as varied as the weather in these hills!
Hand-hammered copper jewelry, handmade wood case clocks, biscuit and rag quilts, handsewn infant gifts, handcrafted soap, & homespun tales and photos of our menagerie of four footed and feathered friends.




Copper earrings

Copper earrings